• domhnall
    Welcome to the kingdoms of Morbourne, Fallhaven and Valcoast. These cities of Domhnall are unique but tied together; Trades occur, merchants travel and treaties are reviewed, signed and broken: it's a way of life. The population is a mix of humans and mages, with the ruling bodies of each kingdom the latter: super powered and deadly. Though for now there is peace, a stable peace, as each depends on the others to maintain the delicate chains of life. What all citizens of every country have most in common however is their védo, a beast that is bonded to them and protects them from the dangers of this world. In a world where loyalty is everything, which side will you choose?

Add Reply
New Poll

The Rules
the gods
 Posted: Jul 6 2014, 11:03 PM
roo & raptor
53 posts
eternal
Morbournian
Mage

THE RULES
STARTING OUT

Alright, so first of all, you need to register with your character's first,middle & last name in lower case. If your character doesn’t have a middle name, this can be omitted: all canon characters, though, require a middle name. Please get it right the first time; name changes are just irritating, since i know full well that you guys can do it!

You need to do your application above anything! Then, you need to post in the face claim, who's who, and vedo claim. DO NOT post if your application isn't accepted...you can not reserve a face, and the canon faces trump all, even if the canon isn't played. If you want to play a canon and hate the face, I’m sure we can decide on something. Face claims must be of real people; models, actors, singers, whatever - though please no myspace pictures and other personal images. You will notice that the application does not have any content limits: this is because we know that some people do not like applications as much as others. You are still required to fill it out, and give everyone a feel for your character.

ROLEPLAYING

Domhnall is an 'intermediate/advanced' roleplay - we have a low wordcount of 300 words, and you will be contacted if your posts consistently slip below this. We do sort of expect more on an average post - keep the standard high! Also, we roleplay in third person - all in-character posts should be in third

Absolutely no god-moding, powerplaying, whatever. Makes roleplaying incredibly frustrating, as I'm sure you can imagine.

CHARACTERS

Firstly, Domhnall is a medieval world - but it is also a fantasy world. so, while we jaunt between realism and fantasy, try to go with the flow - fashions should be medieval, but since we're also fantasy, i can allow a bit of stretch in that. When I say stretch i mean taking fashions from Narnia is perfectly acceptable, as opposed to strictly historical fashion. Also, keep height/weight in proportion, and also take into effect the characters profession - physical? Well, you're gonna be muscular, so add on those pounds. Also, only natural hair and eye colours will be accepted.

Each character, when accepted, will be given a bonded animal. If you truly hate the védo, then you are allowed one re-decision. You can also make suggestions, though you wont necessarily get what you suggested, and all suggestions must be submitted through PM to The Gods. I recommend that you send 2-3 animals that you think would fit, but please no more: I will try to cater to what I think fits the character best. Also, no gary/mary stues/sues! Flaws are fun to work with, so lets get some rollin!

MAGES

In Domhnall, mages are simply humans that have been born with the ability to use an elemental form of magic - the only sort of magic. The magic is determined by birthplace, but more info on that is available in the info pages. The majority of mages will probably just act the same as humans (but with powers,) in the respect that they can be archers, knights, and everything like that, just with magic at their fingertips. Few mages will decide they want to be solely magic-based, and enter the strict tutelage of Magemasters, with the goal of becoming Royal Mages or Hedge Mages.

When you join a mage and select your element and abilities, keep in mind that each magic has a 'rare' branch, which is currently canon only. You are allowed to use other abilities than what are listed - I love originality in that department!

Please don't complain if a magic is asked to be toned down; it probably won't happen often! Most mages have one 'power,' though mages have been known to have two 'powers.' again, a third may be accepted providing it is essentially passive - being fireproof, breathing under water, etc. this also depends on how strong the other two magics are! We like to try and keep things fair across the board! Most mages will probably go through informal training through the Magemasters. However, Royal Mages and Hedge Mages (who have done official studies under the Magemasters) will have a better grasp of their magic then those with informal training. Still, do not go overboard; we expect to see weaknesses and flaws, even if you play a Royal or Hedge Mage.

IMAGES/GRAPHICS

Here at Dohmnall, avatar dimensions are 250x400. NO SIGNATURES ARE ALLOWED. This slows down the board and makes it no fun for those with slow connections.
ACTIVITY

Okay so we do have real lives, but I still kind of want a post at least every two weeks for original characters - that's oodles of time. for canon characters, we need you to post at least twice a week. One post on one day, one post on the next. Canons are an important part of the plot and we would like to make sure the people who have them stay relatively active. you can join as many characters as you can keep active in this timeframe.We will be monitoring activity; if you slip, you will receive a pm and be invited to post within a few days - a no show will result in loss of your account(s.)

THANKS

Most importantly... HAVE FUN!
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by unicorns go raur @ atf. mini profile code by margaery tyrell. @ atf. Header code by ring wing @ tympanus